|By John Funnell||
|February 9, 2010 04:15 AM EST||
With the growth of the ‘prosumer', Telco customers continue to search for the ultimate experience at the lowest possible price, and who can blame them? But with the vast redistribution of wealth from the operators to the ever creative software/hardware companies, is the implementation of cloud solutions just another headache for the industry?
Leaders in Voice such as AT&T, NTT and Virgin Mobile USA have called an urgent meeting at the NGT Summit (hosted by GDS International) to discuss the implications of the Cloud phenomenon in an already volatile and competitive market place.
"As with all business the customer will ultimately drive the move," said a spokesperson for NGT 20 consortium. "Disintermediation is a key concern for the industry which must be addressed."
There is no doubt the Cloud creates an improved customer service but will it be to the telecom industry what itunes was to the music industry? Will such disintermediation be the final straw for the ailing Telecom giants already faced with the ultimate threat of being relegated to just bit pipe providers?
Whatever mix of connectivity products and value-added services that are provided by the large operators, the customer needs to address its business needs, and business must be prepared to evolve to meet them. Is the industry ready?
- Drones and Emergency Response Teams – Friend or Foe?
- #Wireless #Ethernet News Round-up | @ThingsExpo #M2M #IIoT
- Precision Agriculture Benefits from Rise of Next-Gen OEM Technology
- Smart Grid: Overcoming the Challenges to Increase Efficiency
- IT/OT Convergence – The Impact from the Industrial #IoT | @ThingsExpo #IIoT #IT #M2M
- Is This the Death-Knell for Peace and Quiet in the Skies?
- Sun CEO Reviews Company's Prospects for 2009-10
- "Skype is Back to Normal" – Sign-On Problem Solved As of 11:00 AM GMT Today
- My Three iPhone Predictions For 2010
- Cisco To Buy Skype?
- View Cloud Power Panel on SYS-CON.TV Live From Times Square
- Stewart McKie Launches Mobile Tagging and Content Delivery Topic on Ulitzer
- Why Java Is More Relevant Than Ever in the Mobile Age
- SingTel Throws in its Lot with the Cloud
- Sybase Will Enter Cloud Computing with Enterprise Wireless - CEO John Chen